Sunday, October 25, 2009

half marathon

What is a superwoman?

Is is someone who can run a half marathon in 2:02 while pushing her 4 month old baby in a jogging stroller?

Well, then I guess that's me.

Mauston pumpkin dash 2009 was pretty fun. I hadn't planned on taking Reed along at first, but Benjamin had the other kids and they had soccer and classes, so we decided that If I took Reed his morning would be a whole lot easier. I took my large Burley double jogging stroller. It is covered and stays pretty warm. I put a pillow next to Reed because he is not so good at sitting up yet. He was dressed warmly and had blanket around him. I originally planned to stop during the race and feed or change Reed, but as it happened he was pretty happy and slept through most of it. I wouldn't take a baby along again, but I definately would consider taking an older kid. Especially if they could cheer me on or intimidate my opponents.

1 comment:

hilary w said...

That is so awesome! Way to go, Valerie!