Friday, July 9, 2010

pre-race jitters

Tomorrow I am running the Dances with Dirt Devils' lake 50K. It starts at 5:30am. It is incredibly challenging and hilly. I am fully prepared for this race. I was originally training for the 50 mile, but I was not able to complete enough long runs, so I am doing the 50k (31miles).

I am nervous because my last 50K was run in February, and it was really difficult.

This time I am in way better shape and there is no snow or ice or cold to deal with. I will have plenty of food, water, and extra clothes/shoes. So it is going to be super fun, and I am going to listen to some awesome stuff during the race.

I want to do a timed race this fall; There are 24 and 12hr races, all participants run around a track, a chip counts the laps, and we just all go as long as possible. A runner can quit anytime, Lots of people will do a marathon then leave. Family and friends camp along the track and support the runners. I think it will be a fun and different sort of race experience.

5 comments:

Marianne said...

Have fun tomorrow! You're awesome!

Jen said...

Go Val Go!
Go Val Go!
Gooo TEAMMM!!

Amber and The Boys said...

I was just telling some friends out here about you and your amazing racing abilities. They were impressed too!

Lena Gilbert said...

Ohh thats right! How did it go? I will call you today. I am sure you did great!

Ceri said...

You amaze me!