Sunday, October 3, 2010

Valerie's Running Update

I have been training for a marathon October 30th, but I tried to register and it was already full. However I do not care because my training is going great. On Friday I ran 18 miles and I felt great.

I have been running pretty well recently, but it is easy to get off track. To train for this race (which I am not doing) I am running 50 miles a week, and that was difficult at first, but now I am 3 weeks in and I can actually see improvement. Amazingly, regular training results in better running.

To run quickly a person must incorporate speed workouts, hills, and long fast runs. I will probably do that eventually but right now I want to cover distance and the formula for that is simple; Run lots of miles.

I am not doing any intentional speed or resistance runs right now, but I run with my double stroller a lot, and I think that the extra effort counts as something. I have awesome ankles. They are virtually untwistable. Kind of like that special metal in eyeglasses that can be twisted around and not break.

So, this is my little fitness update.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I would love to have ankles like yours. Where do I sign up?