Wednesday, May 6, 2009

atypical day

This afternoon Caleb was playing in the playroom all by himself. "Wow, independant play" I thought, "I will just listen to him and I will not interrupt his creative independant time".
Well, about 10 minutes later he comes to get me, all covered in flour. Then he showed me his beautiful creation, 2 bags of flour poured out on the floor. So much for independant play.
I think I will interrupt his creativity from now on.









We got some serious rain this evening. There was hail, and then it all let up for a bit and the kids splashed in the giant puddle of rain water in the backyard. They started out wearing boots, but it was about 60 degrees and pretty humid, so the boots came off right away. Martin found a piece of wood for a boat and put clothes pins on it. No one needed a shower before bedtime.

1 comment:

peterfam said...

Oh what a mess!! Some day you will be glad you took a picture of it!