Saturday, March 21, 2009

Adventures in Transportation

SO I found a lawnmower in craigslist, $50 and it runs and looks pretty good. I had to drive out about 12 miles to pickit up, and then remove all of the carseats to haul it home. I was thinking, wow, this will all be much easier when we have a van.

Now I think that we REALLY need a van. Our old car is having problems.

Unfortunately our car, a great car in 1998, doesn't work as well as it used to. It doesn't ding when you leave the lights on, so it is easy to leave the lights on, and then run out the battery.
I did this at the local McDonald's a few months ago and the helpful employees came out and push started me. It was quite the thing to see.

But yesterday Ben left the lights on all day long and the battery was too dead to jump, too dead to push start. Our neighbor Doug drove Ben to work, they attempted a jump, then removed the battery, took it to a car place and then put it back in the car. This was like 3 trips and 2 hours of time for our neighbor.

In the mean time, Maddie has a class saturdays at 11am. We had no car, so I transported her there and back. I didn't run all of it, but I ran most of it. Maddie and I got to talk a lot. It was actually pretty fun.

No comments: