Friday, March 20, 2009

botanist or warmonger

Martin watched a show on gardening in wisconsin, specifically the green bay botanical gardens. He made a list of plants that he wants to plant in our garden. The list included Moon beam coreopsis, and Eveline.
I only discovered this because he was asking me about what zone wisconsin was in, I told him 4, but the TV said zone 3. So I explained that zone 3 plants would grow in zone 4 and then he was happy.
I thought "Martin is a little botanist"

That night when Martin went to bed, he taped a paper to his ceiling above his bed -he sleeps on the top bunk- and on the paper was the following list;
***********************************************************
Have war! with Caleb
get the following items; rubber bands, rubber band gun.
instructions: rubber band gunin basement in box full of toys. Rubber bands in kitchen on the shelf in the drawer.

(there is an illustration showing that the rubber bands are in the middle drawer)

notice: read all before doing anything.
get armored after getting dressed.
P.S. wake up maddie now!
all other supplies on bed. OK get dressed beware.

signed
Martin
*************************************
On Martin's bed were a bunch of stuffed animals. I guess that they are ammunition in case he runs out of rubber bands. The way their wars usually work out is that Caleb throws stuff at Martin and Maddie while they throw stuff back at him. I try to discourage the wars in general but this morning when Martin was executing his plan, I just encouraged him to not shoot rubber bands directly at Caleb.
I am sure that this shows some sort of lifeskill besides warmongering.

No comments: