Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Arboretum
















So we went for a morning walk in our Arboretum. Martin was very interested in finding birds. Maddie was very interested in climbing trees and smelling flowers, and Caleb just ran around and had fun. Martin was still able to see some birds. We even saw two sandhill cranes. Martin got very close to them. they are about 5 feet tall and have red stripes on their heads. I stayed behind with Caleb so we wouldn't scare them away.
We also saw A LOT of turkeys. Some even had their tail feathers up like they were getting ready to fight.

















2 comments:

Jen said...

Hey you have a blog. And you had a fun day at the arboretum. WOW! I'm glad I found this. :)

Lena Gilbert said...

Very cute. Isak has the same blanket sleeper I think. I love the sandbox, it looks like its in the shade too which is nice.