Saturday, April 4, 2009

Family Race Day

Today two really neat things happened.
1. Martin beat me in a race.
2. My entire family did a race together.

I had originally planned to run the race slowly, and walk if I got tired. However Martin surprised me by running really fast (19:40) so I got to keep up with him. I finished just behind him. Good job Martin!!!!!


Caleb 'ran' the race on Benjamin's shoulders. Maddie enthusiasticly walked and ran the 2 mile race with them.









A lot of our friends did the run too. It was really great.







Maddie enjoyed talking to all of the people that she knew, and some that she didn't know. They all cheered for her when she crossed the finish line.








After the run the kids played in a nearby park.

























1 comment:

Lena Gilbert said...

valerie
martin ran that race really fast, he would've beat me too. You look really good and not very pregnant at all for being 8 months along. I like Maddie's rambo headband and I think Isak and Caleb have the same shoes.