Monday, August 17, 2009

Weight Loss Activity

So....
I am awesome. I can to this conclusion a few evenings back, I was running, which always makes me feel good,* Anyways I just thought that my body is incredibly awesome it can do all of this exercise, it can do it well. I can feel myself getting stronger every week as I get back into shape. My body also can feed my baby, and I use it to move around, play with my kids and do everything else.
I need to lose some weight so that my body can function better. I joined a weight loss blog with some friends. I don't plan on losing the entire 10 lbs in 6 weeks, but maybe. The myfitnesspal.com site is awesome. It feels alot like weight watchers, with a database of all food and its caloric value. Seems like a good way to track my eating.

I am losing weight because it is better for my body, however If I don't lose it, I will still have an awesome working body that can do lots of stuff. The Book of Mormon says "Adam fell that men might be and men are that they might have joy". I really believe this. If I were to be unhappy with myself to the point of moping about bemoaning my extra weight I believe I would be committing a big sin. I am made in the image of God. How can one criticize that?

I love this talk.
It is everything I believe expressed in an inspired way.
http://www.lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-559-9,00.html




*intense exercise can release the same amount of dopamine as a prozac, though the 2 are not completely interchangeable, so consult your doctor before starting this or any self medicating/exercise activity

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Nice, Valerie! I like your disclaimer at the bottom. I can totally imagine you reading it in a low, super fast voice like in commercials :) I completely agree with you on body image in the image of God and about the prozac-effects of taking good care of your body!