Friday, January 8, 2010

mystery dinner

what's in these cans? I do not know
It will be our dinner though....


I found these cans sans labels at the local grocery store discounted for quick sale. I didn't know what to make for dinner tonight, so I got them all and decided we would make a game out of it.

Martin and
Maddie opened the cans and found
kidney beans, navy beans, cherry pie filling, sweet green beans, spicy tomatoes, and chicken broth(?)

for dinner we are eating the green beans, navy and kidney beans, pasta with tomato sauce, and cherry pie mini turnovers for desert.

We will probably not eat the broth, but everything else was well worth the 25 cents per can.

This was fun. I can't wait to buy some more cans without labels!!!

1 comment:

Awesome Mom said...

You could have drunk the broth instead of water... I kid! If you had potatoes next time you could use the broth to make mashed potatoes. I like the extra flavor the broth adds.