Friday, April 8, 2011

Prosser- Palin

I now know how Prosser was able to pull ahead in this supreme court election; sure he's the incumbent, and he is going for his 3rd term, the Americans for Prosperity launched a few new "nonprofits" that all funneled 2.2 million dollars for tv ads against Kloppenburg (Kloppenburg had around 1.4 million in outside support). Not to mention that a sitting justice hasn't been unseated in a LONG time.....
no, it was Sarah Palin's last minute endorsement. Palin also has an opinion on the national budget, which she recently shared with all of her twitter followers;

My new slogan for anything related to money will be "We can't AFFORD cowboy poetry & subsidizing abortion."

I am disappointed by the Kloppenburg loss, but I am not discouraged. I have done my homework, and this is a long fight. I feel strongly about my obligation to be politically involved in this. Even if all of the recalls fail, the entire state decides to repeal all environmental regulations, and the entire state votes to scrap public education altogether; even if the Koch industries succeed in their massive misinformation campaign. If everyone in the state learns about ALEC and says "so what" I will not dismiss this far- right agenda. I can not stand by and watch my state be destroyed.

"We will not remember the words of our enemies, but rather the silence of our friends" -Martin Luther King JR.

No comments: