Sunday, March 13, 2011

Where to go from here....

AND the recall efforts have begun!
http://host.madison.com/app/interactive/senate-recall-chart/

I live in DANE county, my senator FRED RISSER, is 84 years old and the longest serving senator in the senate. He is not likely to be recalled, but I am going to put up a few yard signs anyways.

My options for action include;
canvassing for Joanne Kloppenburg -not because she is super liberal, but rather because her opponent has openly expressed his support for Walker and the agenda of the far-right republicans that have recently seized our state like an infectious disease.
Several articles have cited how the Kloppenburg is being painted as a lefty liberal, but there is really scant evidence for this. Ofcourse I am very against the incumbent Prosser, as he appeared at a AFP rally, as well as a Recall Mark Miller rally a few days ago.

I can travel to districts where democrats are up for recall (if enough signatures are collected) and canvass in their support. I may do this, my out-of-district participation may be criticized, but the AFP's 3 million dollar pro-walker commercials are also from out-of state, and I find that even more disgusting. plus, I have had peaceful protest training, so I am good at canvassing.

I can protest at the capitol everyday until walker is recalled, specifically against him, or against the various far-right agenda bills being proposed on Voter ID (a solution without a problem!) and the nefarious Arizona-esque anti-immigration bill being drafted by rep. Don Pridemore (what a fitting name!)
In addition to the total wreck of our proud labor tradition, the budget hasn't passed yet, and even the 'budget repair non-fiscal' bill is not competely legitimate as the clause about no-bid contracts for state-owned power plants was added between being passed by the senate and assembly...this is what happens when you cobble a bill together and pass it 1:50 after it is proposed....I like to think that the drums and chanting outside were a distraction that helped this accident to happen....

Anyways, I will be busy for a bit! Feel free to join me!
I wasn't intending to bring down the Tea party with my actions, but apparently the destruction of my state is the goal of the tea party, so turn about is fair play.

No comments: