Sunday, February 27, 2011

posters

I am constantly amazed not by who I see out protesting -over 70thousand satruday- but rather who is not out. People are busy, but this is a huge issue, and if it goes the wrong way thsi could be a disaster for our country.


Strangly, I find that the people who are least worried about this bill are generally from places where there is not a great private sector. If you were educated in the 43rd best state in the nation, you might not value excellent public schools.
This is the source of apathy for most people from out of state. I grew up in Washington, had a medium education, and I want to continue this state's tradition of excellence in education.


Hall of support; over 10,776 comments from moveon.org encouraging the protests.

Hall of shame,
lists each republican member of the senate and assembly and the amount of money contributed to them by the Koch Brothers corp. The Koch Brothers also funded the "prowalker" anti-protest last saturday, and they founded the Americans for Prosperity, a Tea Party group.
There is also a paper for each democratic assemblyman and senator thanking them for their actions.


Scott Walker threatened to layoff public employees is the Dems did not return from out of state and pass his Koch Brothers budget. There was been a significant cry from public employees saying that they want the Senators to stay away; they would rather a few lose their jobs than our whole state lose its integrity.

Please vote for Joanne Kloppenburg. Her opponent has openly stated that he supports "conservative causes" which here means rubber stamping the most right wing radical agenda our state has ever seen, destroying 50-125 years of a tradition of worker rights.

when I am surrounded by tea partiers trying to get me down, I remember that others have had it worse and have done better. I want this poster!

and of course, there is a cute harry potter reference;

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love that Harry Potter reference! Well done Valerie. I can't help but think of that Esther quote: Who knows but your were born for such a time as this? (or something like that). You rock!